Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Creepmas Horror Tunes Countdown #8: Western Caravan - Psycho


#8: Western Caravan feat. Thirsty Dave – Psycho


Sample Lyrics –
I been dressing up like you, Santa
At a big department store
I met some little boys and girls, Santa
I brought them home, and they’re buried underneath my kitchen floor

This song is a parody of Eddie Noack’s quintessential country murder ballad and ode to insanity, also called Psycho.  You can find a great video of Neil Gaiman singing the original on youtube.  In this outstanding version, our narrator gets a visit from the Jolly One himself and begins confessing all of his psychotic acts.  It’s the calm, earnest way the song is performed that makes it so chilling.  This is one that gets played on repeat at my house around the holidays

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...