Thursday, December 5, 2013

Creepmas Horror Tunes Countdown #20: Schoolyard Heroes - I Want Your Soul For Christmas


Schoolyard Heroes – I Want Your Soul For Christmas



Sample Lyrics –
Cross my heart, I'll wait so patiently to watch you in your suffering.
You're soul's the only gift I'm taking, evil tidings we shall bring.
Sleigh bells ringing, choir singing, you'll be screaming,
We're clawing at your door! 


Seattle’s Schoolyard Heroes were a unique hybrid of horror punk and alternative rock.  They called it quits in 2009, but they left behind this killer track.  Ryann Donnelly, the vocalist, has one of those “sweetly evil” voices that makes it easy to believe that this chick really does want to tear your soul apart.  Only women are capable of that type of evil, right?  Anyway, she has since embarked on a dance pop career, but I’ll always remember her as the gal who sang about consuming the children who prayed for snow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...