Thursday, October 30, 2014

What Halloween Means To Me '14: Jack Sholder

Next up we have Jack Sholder.  He's best known as the director of Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge, but his list of credits also includes such gems as Wishmaster 2, The Hidden, Alone In The Dark, and the excellent Tales From The Crypt episode Fitting Punishment.  These days he's at Western Carolina University passing his knowledge on to the next generation.  Instead of telling us what Halloween means to him exactly, he sent along some random thoughts on the holiday.

 
" *   I wonder what became of those boys who dressed up as their mother on
Halloween.  I tried Mom's high heels once. Not for me.
  *   I remember my son, now in college, putting so much candy in his pockets
that his pants fell down.
  *   Rotting pumpkins.  Is there anything more yucky than the inside of a
pumpkin or better than pumpkin pie. Carving a pumpkin is like making a sand
castle.  Eventually nature takes its course.  Celluloid is still around but I
wonder about digital media. Sent some old floppy disks to have the data saved
and there was nothing left on them that could be read.
  *   I hate holidays with an agenda.  I prefer ones like Labor Day where you
don't have to do anything.
  *   Halloween makes me sad because I see kids walking around in Freddy Kruger
gloves and my lawyer never got me a cut of the merchandising."

 1 more day 'til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  1 more day 'til Halloween.  Silver Shamrock!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...