Saturday, October 20, 2012

What Halloween Means To Me Day 16: James Balsamo (Acid Bath Productions)



I’ve said many times that an independent horror filmmaker needs only two things to properly approach making fright flicks; a passion for the film they’re making and love of the genre.  It’s obvious from watching his films that James Balsamo has both.  He’s the kind of filmmaker that wears his reverence for his influences on his sleave without falling back on retreading well-worn paths.  Hack Job and I Spill Your Guts are a couple of my favorite indie flicks I’ve seen this past year, and I’m definitely looking forward to his next flick Cool As Hell.  Speaking of Cool As Hell, James is currently holding a contest where YOU could design a monster to actually be used in the movie.  How bad ass is that?  Read on for the details, and follow Acid Bath Productions HERE to stay up to date on the production and release.  So James (have you noticed that there are a lot of dudes named James in this countdown?), what does Halloween mean to you? 

"What does Halloween mean to me? Well, at one time it meant I got to dress up as Dracula or Devil Elvis, but now it means pumpkin beer and woman in hot witch costumes. A lot of people don't know this, but I had a severe injury at a young age and it was around Halloween. My hand went through a glass window and severed my nerves. I still have no feeling in my right hand. Before it happened I won a fake arm in a grab machine, so my parents thought it was a Halloween gag. After realizing the blood wasn't fake, I was rushed to the hospital. Despite this travesty around this holiday, I still have a love for Halloween and horror. I did make a career out of it, right? Besides, who doesn't love free candy? Anyway, I want to know what Halloween creatures are lurking in your mind. Check out our awesome new contest: 

Acid Bath Productions Presents: Create a Creature in a Feature Contest! Ever want to see the monster of your nightmares on the silver screen? Well, here is your chance! Send in your drawing of a creature from hell to acidbathproductions@gmail.com. The winner gets a free copy of "Cool As Hell", an Acid Bath Productions T-shirt and an official credit in the film! One drawing per contestant. Check out the "Cool As Hell" page for details http://www.facebook.com/coolashellmovie. The contest ends Halloween night, so let's see those tricks and treats creeps!"

11 days 'til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  11 days 'til Halloween.  Silver Shamrock!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...