Monday, October 1, 2012

Coming Up This October on Son of Celluloid...


It’s the mooooooooost wonderful tiiiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeeear!  Yes, Cellmates, it’s Halloween season again.  It’s finally time for pumpkin guts, greasepaint, cotton cobwebs, fright flick marathons, the Monster Mash, that horrible peanut butter whatever-the-hell-it-is in the orange and brown paper, fake (as far as you know) blood, haunted houses, and all of the other creepy fun that accompanies the changing leaves and the dying screams of summer.  That also means it’s time to celebrate here at SOC.  Last year we did the Horror Movie Darwin Awards Countdown.  If you missed it, then “Perhaps you’d better start from the beginning...HERE.   When you’re done with that, read on to find out what I’ve got in store for you this year.

First, of all, as usual, I’ll be working at Netherworld Haunted House, one of the biggest and scariest haunted attractions in the world.  Hauntworld ranked us #2 in the nation this year.  Personally, I think they’re one off, but that’s neither here nor there.  You may find me…I mean Ralphus…terrorizing folks with chainsaws with my sister Lila; or you may find me carrying out my twisted, sadistic experiments in The Hive.  If you’re within driving distance of Atlanta, come check us out if you’ve got the guts…and the nuts.  Don’t worry; you can buy a change of underwear in the gift shop.  Check out Netherworld’s website HERE.  My advice, come early on in the season.  Those weekend lines close to Halloween are almost as terrifying as what lurks inside...almost.


Ok, on to official SOC business.  You see that symbol right there?  That says that, once again, I’m an Official Cryptkeeper, meaning that I will be providing the All Hallows Hijinks all month long as we count down to the big day.  By the way, you can click on the image in the sidebar over there to the left to see all of the sites participating this year.  Anyway, his year my Halloween event is called… heads roll, I mean drum roll please… ”What Halloween Means To Me.”  I put out the call far and wide for horror business luminaries to tell us what this most horrific of holidays means in their world.  Some impressive names answered the call; from legendary cult directors to scream queens to some killer up and coming indie directors to the best the horror blogging world has to offer to Cellmates and members of the SOC family and more.  There is a slight hiccup in the plan, however.  Through putting this project together, I’ve learned that trying to coordinate artists of any kind, particularly the eccentric weirdoes that occupy the realm of horror, is a lot like trying to herd cats.  For one reason or another, a great many of those who were supposed to be ready today aren’t.  I wanna make sure that this ghastly crazy train won’t be going off the rails once I get it cranked up and rolling, so I’m gonna have to start a little late.  Let’s say next Monday at the latest.  That will leave us a little over 3 weeks of Spooky Samhain Shenanigans. It may start a little earlier than that depending on how many come shambling in over the next few days.  Make sure you keep an eye out so you don’t miss anything.  From tomorrow until the beginning of the countdown, I’ll find some Halloween flavor to whet your appetite.  So, that’s what I’ve got going on in the House of Celluloid.  Happy Halloween Cellmates.  It’s time to get down all month.  Do you wanna party?  It’s party time!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot…  29 days ‘til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  29 days ‘til Halloween.  Silver Shamrock!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...