Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What Halloween Means To Me Day 13: Mike O'Mahoney (Maniac Films)



Lucky number 13 on the countdown is Mike O’Mahoney.  Mike is the head ass kicker at Maniac Films.  He’s also a sick puppy, but that’s why I like him.  Since founding Maniac Films in 2009, Mike has directed a throwback slasher flick Deadly Detour: The Goat Man Murders and a killer clown splatter comedy Sloppy the Psychotic.  At the Days of the Dead convention in Atlanta last year, he was kind enough to give me copies of both.  I really liked deadly Detour, and I LOVED Sloppy.  You can check out my Sloppy review HERE.  Deadly Detour is currently available on Amazon and Sloppy will be released early next year by Chemical Burn Entertainment…featuring a quote from yours truly on the cover.  He’s  currently hard at work on postproduction on Maniac’s new flick I.B.S.  Check out Maniac Films on Facebook HERE and be the fist to know the release details.  So Mike, tell us what Halloween means to you…

“What does Halloween mean to me? I have no idea, I’ve never thought about it before. I know that growing up it was my favorite holiday, and for the last 4 years I have been living it year round through my movies, but its meaning??? No clue.

Halloween is the time of year where the weather is nice, TV actually has something good on, you can give candy to children you don’t know without getting the cops called on you, and people can pretend they’re someone else for a night and live out their twisted, bloody fantasies. Speaking of twisted bloody fantasies… I’m looking through old Halloween pictures of me as a child and every year all of my costumes involve blood and a weapon of some sort. Zombie with hatchet, vampire with stake, car wreck victim, machete wielding werewolf, cheerleader…well, not all of my fantasies involve blood. But most do!

Remember getting into your costume at noon because you were too excited to wait? Or planning the best neighborhood route to walk to acquire the most candy? How about toilet papering the neighbor’s house all in the spirit of Halloween? I remember doing all of these and more!

I guess what Halloween means to me is fun; and that’s why I drag it out year round, trying to have fun every day. It is easily the coolest holiday of the year, so why wouldn’t I? What other holiday even comes close? Christmas?? Pffft, please…”

14 days ‘til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  14 days ‘til Halloween.  Silver Shamrock.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike is a sick bastard that makes some awesome movies. Cant wait to see IBS!

Unknown said...

Mike is a sick bastard that makes some awesome movies. Cant wait to see IBS!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...