Big World Pictures to release “DEAR GOD NO!” DVD On June 5th
ATLANTA – May 17, 2012 – Independent genre label Big World Pictures has announced their first release will be the award winning 70s drive-in tribute DEAR GOD NO! arriving on DVD June 5th, with an arsenal of bonus features that include:
· Anamorphic 16:9 transfer from Super 16mm Negative
· Theatrical Trailer
· Behind the Scenes
· Zombie Apocalypse Canadian Theatrical Promo
· Torture Porn Parody Promo for The South Alabama Film Festival
· Commentary with writer/director James Bickert & composer Richard Davis
· Commentary with actors Jett Bryant, Madeline Brumby and Shane Morton
· Still gallery & poster art slideshow from the set, theatrical screenings and film festivals
· Six hidden Easter eggs
Hailed as an “unapologetic homage to classic grindhouse cinema” by DailyGrindHouse.com, DEAR GOD NO! was shot on Super 16MM film, using equipment from the era, to ensure an authentic throwback to 70’s exploitation films. The film follows outlaw motorcycle gang The Impalers through a murder spree that ends in a home invasion gone terribly wrong when they attack two graduate students, a disgraced Anthropologist and his teenage daughter. A demonic creature in the woods, a deadly secret in the basement, rivers of blood and abundant nudity add to the surprises that are sure to thrill genre fans. Dear God No! features original music by The 45's, The Biters, The Booze and poster/DVD artwork by The Dude Designs.
DEAR GOD NO! was released theatrically in 2011 to rave reviews from horror enthusiasts and critics as well as festivals, taking home honors that include:
- Winner Best Exploitation Film – Arizona Underground Film Festival 2011, Tucson, Ariz.
- Winner Best Exploitation Film – Pollygrind 2011, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Winner Audience Award Best Feature Film – Pollygrind 2011, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Winner Audience Award Best Feature Film – Corpsedance International Horror Film Festival 2011, Raleigh, N.C.
- Winner Audience Award Best Feature Film – Zinema Zombiefest 2011, Bogota, Colombia
DEAR GOD NO! is Big World Pictures’ signature launching title for a series of films currently in pre-production appealing to nostalgic collectors yearning to see fun genre trash shot on film.
“We’re looking to produce, unearth and distribute a specific type of film that reminds us of the wonderful American drive-ins of the 70s and 80s. DEAR GOD NO! is the perfect piece of cinema to kick start this venture and usher in a wave of throwback films reminiscent of those we would have seen in a triple feature under the stars with our best girl on a hot summer night,” says Founder James Bickert.
Big World Pictures is currently in pre-production for the forthcoming FRANKENSTEIN CREATED BIKERS and REBEL HELL. The company plans to continue shooting on film with vintage cameras and providing the outrageous entertainment audiences loved from DEAR GOD NO!
“We’re trying to avoid the zombie and paranormal craze and offer audiences an alternative reel of fun retro flicks. We call it suds cinema that leads to a party breaking out with your friends. We’ll be diving into Hicksploitation, Girl Gangs and bringing back the monster suit. Our mission is to make the films we always wanted to see with no compromises and hope they find an audience.”