Monday, April 30, 2012

Video: My interview with Taaffe O'Connel from Days of the Dead Atlanta.

For an interview that was so much fun to do, this sure was a pain in the ass to share with you guys. Youtube, I have a bone to pick with you. I didn’t know about the hoops you have to jump through to post a video longer than 15 minutes. This interview was just over 16. I’m not gonna go into the computer problems and wireless network going kablooey (yes, kablooey) that made this process take 2 days, but when I went to Leah’s and spent a couple of hours uploading it, it was immediately deleted for being too long. Why didn’t you tell me ‘this video is too long to upload” at the beginning. Better yet, why not tell me one of the other 5 times I started uploading it. That’s just damn inconsiderate youtube. Why wait until it’s too late. I hate technology, have I mentioned that lately? That’s why this interview is in two parts. I hate multi-part videos, but that’s just how this one worked out. Sorry.

You guys aren’t here to listen to me bitch about my computer problems though, are you? No, you’re here to see the interview with Taaffe O’Connell. She was one of the most genuinely friendly guests at Days of the Dead. Some of the guests, to be honest, seemed to feel like they were at work and meeting the fans was a job. Taaffe seemed like she was really enjoying meeting the fans. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe she said it was her first con, or at least her first con in a while. She’s had such an extensive career in TV and movies that she has plenty of great stories. Probably her best-known role among horror fans is in one of my favorite flicks Galaxy of Terror. She thought it was cool that the first time I saw it was at a drive in…in 2006. Anyway, here’s the first part of the video. In this one we talk about breaking into TV, New Year’s Evil, playing dead, Galaxy of Terror, and giant space maggot rape…

In part two, we talk Chained Fury, almost getting sold into slavery in the Philippines, some of her lesser known horror flicks like Stoneman and Dismembered, comedy, The Change Up, fake boobs, cannibalism, and her current producing projects Taaffe’s Twisted Picts and Taaffe’s Twisted Tales…

Se? I love Taaffe, she was awesome. Since this interview is almost 2 months old at this point, I dropped her a line and asked her if she had any new developments in the projects that she’d like to share with the Cellmates, and here’s what she said…

“Things are very exciting over here. "Taaffe's Twisted Pics" spotlights what we feel is some off the hook terror talent--"Bottles" being one of them--by entrepreneurial filmmakers (actors, writers, directors, etc.) who understand that the motion micture and yelevision industries are all about "making things happen" and not waiting for them to happen! My next 'Pic" is "2 Kings"--a truly twisted tale about Twins that not even God can part—single-handedly done by Filmmaker (writer, director, actor, cinematographer, editor, etc) Jon Alex--you'll swear that it took a crew of thousands to Twist this Tale!

For more info on these films, and how to jumpstart you career in motion pictures and television check out : CanocoPublishing.com. (LINK) We have complete "Industry Directories" that folks call 'Your Keys to Know What's Really Happening in the Motion Picture and Television Industries!”

Well there you have it folks. I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I did doing it. The song you hear during the titles is “Monster” by Mission Creeps. You can check them out HERE. Come back tomorrow for my review of Bottles, the first in the Taffe’s Twisted Picts series.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...